Knowledge of the relationship between principles and practice in the context of your own area of expertise.
Principles and practice of assessment. The use of resources. How to plan and deliver your courses and workshops
The importance of a reflective approach. How to teach with confidence and joy!
For individuals who work or who want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector
Part-time, online study
Creative and flexible approach to assignments
Level 4. On completion of the Certificate, you may progress onto the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (not offered by the College)
How is the course taught?
The course is delivered online so you can complete it in your own time.
How long will it take?
The course has a credit value of 36. This means that a total of approximately 360 hours is required.
Students or graduates of Qigong or Yoga Teacher Training will have completed many of the required hours already. These hours include all the teaching time, reading, completing assignments, tutorials and self-reflection.
You may like to put in the work to gain your certificate in a few months but you have the option completing when you are ready.
Shiatsu Teacher Trainees will liaise with their other Teacher Trainers to dovetail the course into Shiatsu Society requirements.
What do I need to start?
You must have access to a minimum of 30 hours of teaching practice/experience. You should be qualified/experienced in your chosen subject with good levels of language, literacy, and numeracy. You also need IT literacy.
How will I be assessed?
Via a portfolio of written or audio assignments, observations and the submission of an Action Research project.
- Individuals who work or who want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector
- For individuals in the complementary therapy health and social care sector who wish to teach their subject and are seeking career progression in their area
- For individuals who have just started a teaching/training role
- For individuals who teach in industry
- For individuals currently working as assessors, who wish to achieve a teaching qualification
- For individuals who have completed the Trainer skills or introduction to training qualifications
All fees include Laser Learning Awards registration and external verification fees
40% reduction for:
- Graduates and students of Qigong and Yoga Teacher Training programmes
- Shiatsu Practitioners who want to become Shiatsu Society Teachers
Reduced Cost £485*
*Fees paid with an initial deposit and instalments